So you have dedicated yourself to the Paleo diet and now you are wondering what to do next. The next step would be to learn some easy and simple Paleo lunch recipes that you can cook up quickly for a quick fix. You can even make up your own Paleo dishes if you are feeling particularly creative. In this article you will learn how to make a Paleo Style Western Omelet.
Western Omelet Ingredients
The Western Omelet is a delicious Paleo lunch dish that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. You will need the following ingredients to make this dish:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- ¼ of an onion
- 1/2 tomato
- ¼ lb. of cooked diced ham.
If you do not have any of the above ingredients I recommend that you stock up and keep a good supply in your fridge because you will be making this dish for yourself on more than one occasion. For best results use ham that is already cooked.
Preparation of this tasty Paleo lunch
- Wash your hands, the onion, and the tomato.
- Dice the onions and tomatoes and place them into separate bowls.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them well.
- Place a pan on the stove on low heat, let the pan heat up for a minute, and cover the bottom of the pan with coconut oil.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and maneuver the pan in a way which will force the eggs to cover the entire surface of the pan – cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Gently curve the cooked edges of the eggs into the middle of the pan, pour the tomatoes and the onions into the egg mix.
- Let the vegetables settle into the egg mix for a minute or two and then add the ham.
- Continue to curve the edges of the egg mix into the center of the pan until the entire middle of the pan is covered with egg and the vegetables and meat are no longer exposed.
- Use a spatula to remove the omelet from the pan once it is cooked (should take no longer than 10 minutes).
Congratulations! You have just learned how to make a Western Paleo Omelet. The Western Omelet is great for breakfast or lunch. Avoid using salt or placing cheese into your omelet (tempting, I know); salt and dairy products are not allowed in the Paleo diet. Cook this dish a long with a Paleo soup and snack and you will be in for a treat.